Pages

Ole: Alexis can be United asset

Ole: Alexis can be United asset
LONDON • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes that Manchester United supporters will finally see the best of Alexis Sanchez because of the freedom that he has given his players since the sacking of Jose Mourinho.
The United interim manager confirmed that the forward, who has not played since injuring a hamstring in November, is in line to make his first appearance in today's Premier League trip to Newcastle.
Sanchez has been determined to make a mark under the new manager and it was reported that he urged Solskjaer to pick him for the 4-1 win over Bournemouth on Sunday, even though the club's medical staff had not cleared him for a return to action.
"He's had some great training sessions the last few days," the Norwegian said. "He wanted to (play against Bournemouth) but we have to manage him, he's been out for a month. But he'll be involved against Newcastle.
"He wants to play all the time, he's one of those characters. He made himself available but it was a few days too early for him. He has not had enough fitness but he's looking forward to it."
Sanchez has had a miserable time during his first 12 months at the club. The former Arsenal striker, who earns in excess of £350,000 (S$607,000) per week, has scored only one goal in 10 league games this season.
Alexis Sanchez warming up before the league match against Newcastle in October. He was out injured for the whole of last month. PHOTO: REUTERS


The 30-year-old became so disheartened with life under the defensive-minded Mourinho that he was considering leaving for Paris Saint-Germain this month, but Solskjaer's arrival has given everyone at United a clean slate.
Paul Pogba has benefited from the attacking philosophy that Solskjaer has installed by scoring four goals in his last two games, and the hope among the club's hierarchy is that Sanchez will also enjoy a renaissance.
"He's a player that would benefit from the interchanging, the rotation, the movement," Solskjaer added. "The more times you get the ball into the final third, the more chances you create, and he'll be an asset."
Given that United have scored 12 goals in three wins in Solskjaer's first three games, it seems unlikely that Sanchez will walk straight back into the side.
He is more likely to start on the bench, with Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard continuing to support Marcus Rashford in attack.



Sanchez will also face competition from Romelu Lukaku. The Belgian, who scored only six goals in 16 league games under Mourinho, netted within two minutes after coming on as a substitute against Bournemouth on Sunday.
Praised for his attacking philosophy so far, former United striker Solskjaer insisted he is only implementing what he learnt for 11 seasons as a player under Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.
The 77-year-old Scot paid a visit to the players and coaching staff, which includes one of his former assistants Mike Phelan, at United's Carrington training ground on Saturday.
''He enjoyed his time at the training ground, we had a nice few chats and he encouraged us,'' Solskjaer said.
''He knows we are Man United through and through and we want to do whatever we can, as best as we can, up to the last second we are here.''
THE TIMES, LONDON, THE GUARDIAN, REUTERS


  • 67




  • Premier League games out of 99 in January that Manchester United have won - 15 more than any other team have managed.


NEWCASTLE V MAN UNITED
Singtel TV Ch102 & StarHub Ch227, tomorrow, 4am.
Â


Former Spain and Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas said on Monday that his health status is improving and his heart is happy after he suffered a heart attack while training for his Portuguese club Porto. Casillas uploaded a song titled "corazon contento" ("happy heart") by Argentine composer Palito Ortega to his official Twitter account.


Everton avoided a third consecutive Premier League home defeat as Kurt Zouma's header and a late goal by Dominic Calvert-Lewin earned them a flattering 2-0 victory over Bournemouth at a rainy Goodison Park on Sunday.
Soccer-Everton ride luck for 2-0 victory at home to


BERLIN (AFP) - Schalke 04 warmed-up for the Champions League visit of Manchester City with a goalless draw at home to fellow Bundesliga strugglers Freiburg on Saturday (Feb 16).. Read more at
Ten-man Schalke draw blank ahead of Man City clash

Football: Solskjaer maintains perfect start as Man United


EzineArticles.com allows expert authors in hundreds of niche fields to get massive levels of exposure in exchange for the submission of their quality original articles.
Transfer Window Gossip Round-Up - Read Premier League


Dec 22 (Reuters) - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer enjoyed a dream start as Manchester United's interim manager as his side turned on the style to thrash his former club Cardiff City 5-1 in the Premier League on Saturday. Goals from Marcus Rashford, Ander Herrera, Anthony Martial and two from Jesse Lingard
Solskjaer makes dream start as Man Utd thrash Cardiff


Racist chanting was directed at several black England players, including Danny Rose, during Monday's Euro 2020 qualifier in Podgorica, which England won 5-1. England captain Kane, 25, who scored in the match, believes the manner of his side's victory was the "best way of proving those people wrong".
Kane 'proud' of England response to race jibes - The Citizen


Even if Guardiola expects more twists in the title race, City are exactly where they want to be for at least a few days - and having worked their way back from at least two worrying positions.


Europa League: Rangers crash out, Eintracht fans run riot at Lazio Steven Gerrard's Rangers, who had to win in Vienna in their final group game in order to qualify for the last 32, finish third
Rangers out of Europa League, Eintracht fans run riot at Lazio


Gotze predicts Borussia Dortmund success in Champions League despite 'very difficult' group Borussia Dortmund did not make it through the Champions League group stage last term, but Mario Gotze
Gotze predicts Borussia Dortmund success in Champions League

#Football #Sport #BreakingNews #News24 News24 - Barcelona boss gives Antoine Griezmann transfer update as
Antoine Griezmann admits move from Atletico Madrid is edging
worldsportstale.com/soccer/antoine-griezmann-admits-move-from-atletico-madrid-is-edging-closer/
The France World Cup winner will call time on his five-year stay at Atletico Madrid after revealing last month that he will leave the Wanda Metropolitano this summer. It had been heavily mooted that Griezmann would end up at La Liga rivals Barcelona, who nearly signed the 28-year-old last summer, and it seems a deal is edging closer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment